To become a leading royal gallery
- To acquire, store, preserve and exhibit the records and artifacts belonging to HRH Sultan Azlan Muhibuddin Shah
- To strengthen the royal institution.
- To provide an understanding of the people about the role of the Sultanate of Perak.
- To detect, acquire and preserve the relevant materials and records of Sultan Azlan Shah as a complete and accurate collection of a sovereign Sultan.
- To conduct studies and research in order to assemble a complete information on the Sultanate of Perak
- To disseminate complete and accurate information to the public through permanent and temporary exhibitions so that the public can get up close with the sovereign Sultanate of Perak.